Regarding hair transplant, Iran enjoying high professional surgeons performs countless surgeries and has a significant score of success. Like many other surgeries, hair transplant surgery in Iran is very popular and common.
The cost for treatment in Iran is competitive and affordable. However, the price of a hair transplant in Iran may vary according to each individual’s case and the type of technique and will be determined based on photos, a number of grafts a patient needs and an in-person assessment with the doctor.
The most important factors cause hair loss are including:
heredity, hormonal imbalance, radio therapy and some heavy diet.
In hair transplant, the surgeon removes hair follicles from one part of the body, called the ‘donor site’, to an area on your head that may be thinning or balding.
There are many reasons for hair loss but generally it may be due to common male pattern baldness, also known as androgenetic alopecia, scalp inflammation or injury to the scalp. Also, some certain inflammatory diseases such as lichen planus, lupus or morphea can cause permanent areas of hair loss that are suitable for transplantation.
There are major Factors affecting hair transplant costs in Iran as listed below:
- Some clinics are equipped with modern and up-to-date medical facilities which make their prices higher. So, the hair replacement cost may vary within the country due to different medical facilities.
- FUE cost is usually higher than the FUT. For more information about these techniques, please Learn more
- It is difficult to determine the number of grafts a patient need, which may be applied between 1,000 to 55,000.
- The size of a hairless area can affect the hair transplant cost.
- The choice of a high professional doctor is a key factor to the procedure success. Doctors with vast experience and positive patients’ reviews may ask for a higher fee increasing the hair transplant price.
There are two primary techniques for hair transplant currently performing in Iran as below:
- The Follicular Isolation Technique (FIT)
- Follicular unit transplantation (FUT)+ Follicular Isolation Technique (FIT)
The Follicular Isolation Technique (FIT) also known as Follicular Unit Extraction Technique (FUE) is one of the most modern hair restoration methods in the world. This method does not leave a linear scar in the back of the patient´s scalp and is very ideal for those who wish to keep a very short haircut and desire a minimally invasive alternative to strip harvesting
The method is differenced by total number of micrograft as below:
- (FUE/FIT) Method 1000 hair strands
- (FUE/FIT) Method 2000 hair strands
- (FUE/FIT) Method 3000 hair strands
- (FUE/FIT) Method 4000 hair strands
Follicular unit transplantation (FUT), also known as the strip procedure, a hair restoration technique, is the culmination of decades of refinement and evolution of hair transplantation techniques. Hair naturally grows in groups of one to four individual follicles separated by intervening soft tissue. These clumps or groups of hairs are termed follicular units.
In this method, first the surgeon will apply FUT which had been the most common procedure for hair restoration. Then, the FUE will be applied.
- (FUE 2000 hair strands + FUT) Method
- (FUE 3000 hair strands + FUT) Method
The hair transplant surgery takes from 4 to 6 hour.
The hair transplant surgery will be applied under local anesthesia.
- For washing your hair, you should wait a few days after the surgery. Only use mild shampoos for the first few weeks.
- You normally can return to work or normal activities in about 3 days.
- Don’t press a brush or comb down over the new grafts for about 3 weeks.
- Don’t wear any hats or pullover shirts and jackets until your doctor says it’s OK.
- No physical exercise for about a week
Your feelings after hair transplant depend on the extent of surgery. But generally, after the operation, you will experience numbness, bruising and swelling, pain, discomfort, throbbing and a tight feeling in the scalp. You have to wear dressings or bandages for few days.
After the hair transplant, you must follow the following instructions. It seems crucial to obey these instructions, but it is a part of your treatment procedure. This includes the way you sleep as well as washing the hair with shampoo with the detailed instructions. About 3 to 6 months, you need use some medications and shampoo which are prescribed by the surgeon and it is the patient responsibility to take care of them.
We have listed some of the possible complications of hair transplant surgery as below:
- surgical risks such as bleeding or infection
- risks of general anaesthesia, including allergic reaction, which may (rarely) be fatal
- nerve damage, including permanent loss of sensation
- scars that may be severe, raised, reddened and itchy
- tissue death along the wound
- death of the skin grafts
- further surgery to treat complications.
Many people from across the world choose Iran for hair transplant due to professionals and skillful surgeons, modern hair transplant clinics equipped with advanced equipment and the latest technologies specifically in Tehran and Shiraz. All these advantages help you to achieve your desirable result at an affordable and reasonable price. The cost of hair transplant in Iran is highly competitive and quite affordable.
- It is important to know that a transplant will not give you a full head of hair if you don’t have much hair.
- In General, thick hair that is light colored or grey gives better results than hair that is thin and dark colored.
- It takes to 9 months following hair transplantation that the hair takes root and begins to fill in.
- You should quit smoking for several weeks before and after the surgery as smoking increases the risk of complications from surgery.
- There may be required to continue medical treatment after hair transplant surgery.
Can’t find your question? Ask it in the box below and a board-certified surgeon will provide an answer.
Provide specific details, such as the treatment you’re considering and any other relevant information about yourself, here. Questions with details are prioritized and help doctors give the best answers.